Centralized Admission Process(CAP)
The Unaided Private Professional Educational Institution shall admit candidates through the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) as referred in sub-section (3) of section 3 of the Maharashtra Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutes (Regulation of Admission and Fees) Act, 2015. The stages of CAP shall be as stated below, –
- Display or publishing of Information Brochure by the Competent Athority.
- Filling Online Application Form by Candidate for participation in the Centralised Admission Process.
- Confirmation of Online Application Form and Document Verification at Facilitation Centre by the Candidate in person.
- Display or Publishing of provisional merit lists, submission of grievances, if any, and display or publishing of final Merit Lists.
- Display of available Category wise Seats (Seat Matrix) for CAP Rounds I, II and III.
- Filling up and confirmation of Online Option Form having preferences of Institutions before CAP Round I. Candidates may fill in choice of Institutes in decreasing order of their preference as specified by Competent Authority. The option form once confirmed shall be considered for allotment in CAP Rounds I, II and III.
- Display of Provisional Allotment of CAP Rounds I, II and III indicating allotted institute.
- Reporting and accepting offered seat will be as per the allotment of the CAP Round I, II and III, by the Candidate at Reporting Centre.
During the CAP, before accepting the allotted seat a candidate can opt to ‘Freeze’ or ‘Float’ the choice of academic program for subsequent round(s), if any, of seat allocation as provided below:
- Freeze: Candidates accept the offered seat and if they do not want to participate in any further rounds of seat allocation, such Candidates will not be considered in subsequent rounds of admission.
- Float: Candidates accept the offered seat and indicate that, if admission to an academic program in any Institution of higher preference is offered, they will accept it. Else, they will continue with the currently accepted academic programme. Such Candidates will be considered in subsequent round of admission.
- For candidates who choose the Float option, and secures a seat of his/her choice of higher preference, then it would automatically result in the forfeiture of the seat accepted by the candidates in the earlier round.
- Floating options will not be available to a Candidate who is admitted to his First Choice.